As summer comes to an end, the cooler temperatures of fall are on the horizon. While many dread the end of warm sunshine, fashionistas look forward to embracing the beautiful colors that define autumn. Beige, tan, brown and burnt orange hues dominate clothing racks and runways during this transitional season. Just as beige has been a summer celebrity favorite according to recent fashion reports, neutrals take center stage in fall wardrobes as well.
What is the appeal of neutral shades in fall fashion? Neutrals allow for easy mix and match options while complementing the earthy tones found in nature during fall. Warm browns, tans and coppers mirror the colors of changing leaves and make a style statement without being overly bold. Another advantage is versatility - neutral pieces can be layered and re-worn throughout the season and for years to come without feeling dated.Celebrity Spottings in Summer Neutrals
Beige was spotted on many A-listers throughout summer. Meghan Markle stunned in a loose caramel two-piece while Angelina Jolie wowed in a elegant camel suit. Victoria Beckham also embraced the trend in a cream-colored dress paired with coordinating accessories in shades of tan and brown. Their monochrome nudist ensembles reflected the ease and chic sophistication neutrals provide.Neutrals on the Runway and in Retail
Top designers prominently feature neutral shades in their fall/winter collections each year. Retail follows suit, stocking racks with neutral-colored separates and sets perfect for layering. Coats, boots and accessories in shades of tan, ocher, sienna and sand create effortlessly pulled-together looks.Ways to Wear Neutrals This Fall
Incorporate the following styles starring warm neutrals into your autumnal wardrobe:Tonal Outfits
- Monochrome looks in shades like putty, bronze or cinnamon make a polished statement. Try head-to-toe camel for a celebrity-inspired ensemble.Textured Knits
- Chunky cables and cozy fisherman sweaters in sand, amber or tobacco shades keep you comfortable and on-trend.Faux Fur and Shearling
- Statement coats, vests and accessories in tones like caramel and blonde add texture and warmth.Leather and Suede
- Pants, skirts, boots and bags in shades of espresso and ocher have an edgy feel.Mix and Layer
- Combine neutrals of different depths like tan pants with an oatmeal sweater and camel coat for visual interest.
Natural Makeup - Soften features with peachy blushes and nude lip colors to let natural beauty shine through.
Whether adopted from the runway or celebrity street style, embracing the neutral colors of fall creates a pulled-together, versatile wardrobe to seamlessly transition into the new season. Subdued shades complement both casual looks and polished ensembles, setting the foundation for effortless fall fashion.